American Tours continues to be pro-active and concerned with the health/safety of our employees and passengers. Although we have seen an increase in the number of cases in our hospitals, we believe that the country is now entering into a post-pandemic state. Vaccines are readily available, and things are opening up across the United States. With these positive changes we are updating our policies.
• Our motorcoaches are equipped with 48 seats. As of August 1st, we are increasing the number of guests we allow on our tours to 38 people.
• While on tour, our staff will sanitize the entryway handrails throughout the day. Each evening the arm rests, overhead bins, all handrails, bathroom handles/touchpoints will be disinfected. We will remind passengers of cleanliness habits. We will have hand sanitizer available for use upon entering and exiting the motorcoach.
• We continue to pause seat rotation and will assign seats based on the order in which reservations are made. The assigned seats will be yours for the duration of the tour. Passengers who share a room will be seated together on the coach.
• Before a tour departs our facility, the motor coach is detailed & sanitized.
• Onboard our motor-coaches, general airflow is filtered. Overhead vents for passengers are recycled air and the vents can be closed. In addition, when available our roof hatch fan enables fresh air to circulate immediately by removing hot or stale air through the roof.
• American Tours does not require our passengers to have a Covid vaccination on any of our MOTOR-COACH TOURS to travel. If things change in the near future and proof of a vaccine is required for some domestic travel, we will advise you of this requirement and ask for your approval before considering you a definite to travel to that destination. With our FLY & RIDE TOURS conducted through Premier World Discovery, their policy will trump our policy. Premier World Discovery is requiring either proof of vaccination, proof of negative CV-19 Test taken within 72 hours prior to the start of the tour, or proof of recovery with positive test result within 3 months prior to the end of your tour. At this time, American Tours has chosen to avoid any International Travel due to the continually changing policies throughout much of the world.
• Some attractions and areas are not requiring a mask if you have been vaccinated. We will do our best to advise you prior to each stop as to the mask policy of that location. While traveling on the motorcoach we ask and advise you to wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated. However, we will not act as “mask police” and will not be checking for proof of vaccination.
• If you have been sick, have been around someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have quarantined/asked to isolate within 10 days prior to the tour’s departure date, we ask that you cancel the tour, for the safety of all involved.
• If while on tour you develop symptoms of COVID-19, you will be removed from the tour immediately, and must have a negative COVID test in order to travel with the group.
• We recommend all passengers purchase TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE from American Tours. It will cover your cancellation should you need to cancel during the 30 days prior to the departure of your tour. If you would like more extensive coverage to cover you during the tour, we recommend purchasing that insurance from Travel Guard or a similar company.
• By traveling with American Tour, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID. While American Tours has taken preventative measures, the responsibility of your well-being is ultimately up to you. Please join us in keeping everyone traveling healthy and safe by practicing good hygiene and best-practice protocols.
The Corona Virus continues to be of concern in the United States, and we continue to evaluate what we are doing to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Currently, we are not voluntarily cancelling trips or avoiding any areas. We will continue to monitor, and act based on what the Centers for Disease Control has to say on the matter. In the meantime, we are taking the following steps to help combat the spread of the virus:
• Motor coaches are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly after each trip. In addition, our cleaning staff will spend
additional time in high traffic areas, such as:
· Handrails in the entryway
· Bathroom handles
· Seat handles
· Inside luggage compartment handles
· Steering wheel and dash area
· Any other frequent touch points inside the coach
• We are disinfecting each bus with Boulder Clean Disinfectant. It includes the following benefits:
· Bleach Free
· Free from dyes
· Kills 99.9% of bacteria & viruses
· Effective against the following: Covid-19, Influenza A3 Virus, H1N1 Influenza
A Virus, Herpes, Human Rotavirus, MRSA, VRE, and a list of others.
· Disinfects any Hard, Non-Porous Surface
• The main preventative measure advised by the CDC is hand washing. They advise to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
• Hand sanitizer is available on the motor coaches for our passengers, and we will offer hand sanitizer to passengers as they board the coach.
• Passenger Temperatures will be taken each morning throughout each tour. Unfortunately, those with elevated temperatures will not be allowed to continue on the tour.
• At this time, we encourage our passengers to wear Face-Mask at all times while off the bus. We will not be requiring them to be worn at all times while on the bus. All of our passengers are grown adults and are normally in the Senior Adult range in age. We all have the same health concerns. At this time, we are relying on everyone to follow CDC guidelines. However, at no time will we nor a passenger behave as the Face-Mask Police. Simply be aware there might be passengers on our tours with differing options than yours. At American Tours, the safety of our customer and employees are our top priority.
The above policy and procedures are subject to change according to any new updated information from the CDC. For more information regarding the virus, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html